I was nominated for a Liebster Award by the lovely Ms. Kenzie Leigh! The award is for bloggers who have 200 followers or less.
Here are the rules:
List 11 random facts about yourself
Answer the 11 questions asked by the person that nominated you
Choose 11 blogs that have 200 or fewer followers to nominate (don't forget to tell them)
Make 11 questions for the people you are nominating
Link the blog of the person that nominated you in your post and thank them!
11 Random Facts about myself:
1. Loyalty is HUGE for me.
2. "If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal. Not to people or things." - Einstein
"All things you ask in prayer, believing you will receive." - Matthew 21:22
"There is no fear in love, but perfect love casteth out fear." - 1 John 4:18
3. One of my favorite past times is experimenting in the kitchen. If writing doesn't work out I'm seriously considering dropping everything and becoming a caterer/ chef.
4. My name is pronounced Shawh-ree. Not Share- ee, or Shuh-ree.
5. I practice feng shui, and believe implementing it has caused some changes in my life.
6. I'm extremely impulsive, and terribly indecisive.
7. Writing checklists is therapeutic for me.. I feel like I have all of my bases covered.
8. Lighting a candle before bed relaxes me and helps me to fall asleep.
9. Although I know it's contributed to who I am today, if I could go back and erase some experiences from my memory.... I would.
10. When I go out I order hennesy. It surprises people.
11. Superpower of choice. Teleportation.
The Questions I was asked:
1. What's your blog name mean?
Inspire the Tribe came from an idea of reaching and inspiring the masses outside of the "masses". Inspiration can be found in any and everything and my blog is a collection of all that inspires me/ a peak into my personal life.
2. What made you want to blog?
When I started this blog only one other person knew about it.. and I kept it that way for a year; no advertising, no word of mouth.. no nothing. It was more about having an outlet for my poetry, inner thoughts and random musings without having to worry about people close to me reading between the lines. I also blogged things that inspired ME... since it was more of a personal safe haven at that time.
3. Fav comfort food?
I'm a sucker for a good Ukrop's/ Martin's cupcake. If you've never experienced one, you haven't lived.
4. Bad habit?
Obsessing over the small details in every aspect of my life. I'm a terrible over thinker. :(
5. Where is your favorite place to spend money?
Online, BCBG.. and a lot of European sites I stumble upon accidentally.
6. Favorite blog at the moment?
Good question. I check fashionbombdaily... daily.
7. Clothes or shoes?
Clothes (I'm probably the only one to say that, lol), I'm really bad with shoes :/
8. What song would you use to describe yourself?
I have no clueeeeeeee. I'll come back and answer this later! =(
9. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
See question 4.
10. If you could be anywhere in the world, where you it be?
Somewhere with a nice consistent warm climate, no worries and good company.
Saturday was the House of Mimi Reloaded launch party, and it was truly a night to remember. The all black dress code (which everyone actually abided by, which is rare) and live band (God Given Talent) added a dash of drama and a touch of class that set the tone for the night. The pieces were very bold and unique, two things that the HOM line is known for. They will be available here, 12/12/12.
The night was also a chance for local artist to display their artwork, and I was one of the lucky few asked to participate.
(You can see the two pieces that I created in one of the last pictures.)