2010 was a year of discovery. It was about discovering myself - aside from everyone else around me. I laughed, cried, smiled, loved, learned, traveled, spent, gained, won and lost. This is my year in review.
- I've spent more time updating this blog - albeit, I could do better
- My poetry journal has nearly doubled in size and I am seriously considering publishing it in the next year
- I spent a lot less time capturing memories on film this year. I miss that. Hopefully with a new camera I'll feel more inspired.
- I had two articles published in a local political magazine which I am very proud of
- 2010, along with new acquaintances, introduced me to a vast array of different types of music. I'm going to try to post more here soon.
- I made some great new friends in 2010 who in turn had a big impact on this list. I am very thankful for them. I also strengthened some bonds from the previous year.
- On the other end, I found myself growing apart from a number of people. They'll be referred to as the 'lost ones'
- I traveled more this year than I can remember of any year prior, and I hope to continue this trend through the new year
- I went to Atlanta in February for a leadership conference
- I've been to Chicago twice - once in July for "the Taste", and again in November - the second trip consisted of a road trip through Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Maryland and ultimately back to Virginia
- I went to the beach... finally. It had been years!
- Florida, and
- a Mexican cruise in August
- not to mention I went to more concerts/ gigs than I ever had before.
- I learned a lot about this subject this year.. a whole lot. good & bad.
- I turned 22.
- Graduated from a four-year university, Cum laude
- I flew on a plane, by myself, for the first time ever - and I was surprisingly calm.
- After 5 years, I finally changed my number. It feels great, like a new slate. :)
- I continued on my recycling streak. And will continue to do so.
- Also, opened up two new credit card accounts, which I manage to pay off completely. I don't see what all the hype is about.